My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
literaturelyspeaking.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, August 21, 2009

Time for Some More Movie Reviews




Bradley Cooper stars as Leon Kauffman, an ambitious New York photographer whose reckless search for a serial killer (Vinnie Jones), known as "the Subway Butcher," leads him down a dark and dangerous path. Leslie Bibb, Dan Callahan, Brooke Shields and Tony Curran also star in this spine-tingling thriller from director Ryuhei Kitamura, a chilling tale based on a short story by horror giant Clive Barker.


Very weird movie, but not in the manner you would expect it to be. Its horror but with a very strange horror twist. GORY!!!!!! If you don't like heavy gore DO NOT WATCH this movie. I have to say this is the strangest Clive Barker movie I have ever watched. My husband liked it and honestly I am at a loss to say I LIKED it but I didn't hate it. Sometimes you just need a gory horror movie.


I rate this 3 stars.


*******************************




Jared Padalecki, Danielle Panabaker and Aaron Yoo headline director Marcus Nispel's chilling remake of the classic 1980s slasher-thriller that spawned a legendary horror franchise. Ignoring the warnings of the locals, a group of teenage camp counselors takes on the job of reopening Camp Crystal Lake -- on Friday the 13th no less, and raise the ire of Jason Voorhees (Derek Mears), a masked, homicidal maniac.
Almost on par with the other Friday the 13th movies, but i must say that I enjoyed them more. The one consolation for me was seeing Jared Padalecki for more than the standard Supernatural hour. Without him I don't think I would have finished this movie.
One aspect of the movie made no sense to me---Who in their right mind would have a vacation home ( especially when they are rich enough to have it anywhere they want) in a town known for loads of murders and disappearances.
3 stars


*****************************


No comments: