My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
literaturelyspeaking.com
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Updated Review Policy and Ratings System

This blog is a voluntary effort and I review them alone so you must be patient when you send me a book to review.

As of today, July 12, 2009 , there may be a slight delay because I now have a job and have started college classes again.

Book Ratings:

SuperStar- Must Read/Keeper Shelf/Can't Recommend enough
5 STARS- Highly Recommended
4 STARS- Liked it a lot
3 STARS- It was okay
2 STARS- I have time to kill so why not give it a try
1 STAR- Couldn't finish even if I wanted to


Review Policy:

Books sent to me from Author, Publisher, Publicist- If you need it reviewed in a certain time frame, let me know and I will try to accommodate you. If you want me to review a book that is in a series I would prefer to read all of the books up to the one you originally wanted me to review.

Books that don't have a specific date will be added to my TBR pile as they come. First come, First reviewed( unless of course I am not in the mood for a particular book, which happens sometimes. )I read several books at a time normally so it shouldn't be too long.

I prefer the following genres, in no particular order ( except paranormal which I love dearly and am always happy to review)
Paranormal, Romance, Horror, Graphic Novels, YA Fiction-especially paranormal,
Fantasy, Science Fiction, Erotica( as long as its not too hardcore) and Christian Romantic fiction (as long as its not too preachy).

I am glad to accept ARCs, bound copies, as well as print copies that have already been released. I would prefer print if you have it but can accept PDF copies if you don't. Sometimes sitting at the computer is not comfortable so it may take a little longer for those to get reviewed. .

I am happy to have guest bloggers and contests, but if you have a time frame please let me know up front. I do not sell any of the books I receive and autographed copies are greatly appreciated to add to my collection. I may however sometimes give a copy away as gift or in a future contest. I am an avid reader who likes to keep most of the books she reads, but if they have to go somewhere else I like to know they are going to a good home.

Edited to add on 7-13-09: I don't diffrentiate between books that I buy and books that are sent to me for the purpose of review. I simply give you my honest opinion on every book that I review.

I do not promise anyone who sends me books a 5 star review, I promise to give an honest representation of how I felt about your book.




Movie Ratings:

Since I belong to Netflix I will start to review movies as well. Feel free to recommend movies to me if you like. I like comedy, romance, action, foreign( especially asian horror), horror, Scifi and sometimes kid movies.

Movie Ratings:
Scale of 1-5

5 stars- awesome movie, highly recommend, would definitely watch again
4 stars- great movie, might watch a second time
3 stars- ok movie,not the best but not the worst
2 stars- ehh, maybe they could have put a little more thought into the plot
1 star- my husband invoked the 30 min. veto rights* because his eyes were bleeding

* 30 min. veto rights- means that the move was so bad we immediately took it out.There was no redeeming value to this whatsoever, not even humor over how dumb the movie was.

Examples of movies that qualify
The Matrix, SecondHand Lions, The Usual Suspects, Miyazaki movies( japanese anime) - 5 stars

Underworld Trilogy,Yes Man, He's Just Not That Into You - 4 stars

My Bloody Valentine ( Only watched this because of Jenson Ackles and Kerr Smith), Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog( Love NPH, Nathan Fillion and Felicia Day)Defiance( Danial Craig is HAWT!)- 3 Stars

The Spirit, Autopsy , Dying Breed, Flight of the Living Dead-2 stars

6 Angels( so bad I don't even remember what it was about), Shortbus( weird self love scene= eww) - 1 star





I am not sure if anyone sends out movies for review but if you do see above list of what I like. I am always open to new things book, movie, even product wise so if you think you'd like to send me something please contact me at
LiteraturelySpeaking @yahoo.com

Review copies of books should be sent to
LiteraturelySpeaking
C/O B. Brickey
PO Box 61
Brasstown, NC 28902

If you need my actual street address to mail something to me drop me an email at
LiteraturelySpeaking@yahoo.com


When in doubt send me an email first.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi :)
Thanks for sharing your rating system. I like it very much.
Congratulations on also rating the movies you watch.
Much love from Canada
twitter.com/RKCharron
xoxo

BreiaB said...

Thanks so much for the comments, Rob. I really didn't intend for it to be so long, but I kept thinking of stuff to add. I decided to do the movies so I could keep track of them better.