My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
literaturelyspeaking.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Movie Review For July 15, 2009




The Haunting in Connecticut



In this supernatural thriller, the Campbell family's move to Connecticut takes a mysteriously dark turn when a series of shocking paranormal events reveals that their inviting new home is a former mortuary with a sordid past. Based on a true story, this terrifying tale stars Virginia Madsen and Martin Donovan as the well-meaning Campbell parents, Kyle Gallner as their cancer-stricken son and Elias Koteas as the enigmatic Rev. Nicholas Popescu.



I give this movie 3 stars. Why?---

1. Nice storyline

2.Scary dead people

3. Nice voice over by Virginia Madsen- favorite line from this is " I don't care if you believe me. I know what happened, My family knows what happened, The doctors and emergency people know what happened." (not an exact quote as I am going from memory here and we all know your mind is the first thing to go)

What could have made this better :

1.Finding more back story about Jonah and the mortuary owner (I forget his name, see above about mind going)

2.Finding out what happened after Matt set the house on fire (I mean seriously if I owned that house I would have been standing on the lawn during the fire screaming that someone was gonna pay for this mess)

3. Also, if they made Elias Koteas look better (I know he was dying but come on even people who are dying want to look good and he's HAWT---at least I think so)











Undercover agent Chun Li (Kristin Kreuk) seeks justice and peace in this action-packed adaptation of the megahit video game franchise Street Fighter. Employing her signature high-kicking style, Chun Li is a force to be reckoned with. The cast includes Neal McDonough as M. Bison, Chris Klein as Nash, Michael Clarke Duncan as Balrog and Black Eyed Peas singer Taboo as Vega. Chun Li is known in gamer circles as "the First Lady of Fighting Games."
I rate this movie a 1 star. Why?---

1. Now I know that this movie being rated a one, going by my scale , means that I couldn't finish it. Well I vetoed my husband's veto right and finished it (although halfway through he did get up and leave saying he'd rather see whats on tv)

2. The action was decent, what little there was.

3.I expected more from Neal McDonough. I mean he was a better bad guy in Walking Tall than he was in this movie.

4. I liked Street Fighter better than I liked this movie.

5. Robin Shou should have done more in the action department . I mean ,hello Mortal Kombat had tons for him and I wanted to see the movie give him more to do as Gen.

6. Next, in the movie after Chun Li's mother dies she looks for someone to read a scroll that she had gotten before at a piano recital (yes Chun Li was a pianist before fighting crime) She speaks the language (although I don't know if it was Mandarin or Cantonese being as I don't speak either) but she can't read it. So she goes and finds someone who does read it and takes their word for it that the scroll says: She should leave immediately, leave all that she was in this life behind and when she is farthest from the life she used to lead some man who she has never met before (although she does see him several times before she actually sees him) will find her and train her.

7.Last, Subpar acting and dialogue. Kristen Kreuk was a better actress on Smallville than she was in this movie. Taboo as Vega, ehhh NO. The only thing he had going for him is that he looked similar to how Vega should look. Michael Clarke Duncan was an ok Balrog. Chris Klein was BAAAAAD. Bad acting, made worse by bad facial expressions, made worse by his character being a very bad Interpol agent.

Overall this was as most people have said A very bad movie. I am so glad I didn't see this in the theaters and I feel sorry for those people who did.

No comments: