My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
literaturelyspeaking.com
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Review of Coraline ( animated movie)

R


In this breathtaking stop-motion animation based on Neil Gaiman's novel, curious young Coraline (voiced by Dakota Fanning) unlocks a door in her family's home and is transported to a universe that strangely resembles her own -- only better. But when her Other Mother (Teri Hatcher) doesn't want Coraline to return to reality, our heroine must summon an amazing amount of courage to go home and save her family.






My thoughts:




I rate this movie 4 Stars-----

Why?:


1. It had animation reminiscent of The Nightmare Before Christmas

2.It kept my 7 year old entertained the entire time.

3. I wish more of the aspects of the book were present in the movie.

4. While the movie was very good, I still prefer his book.

No comments: