My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
literaturelyspeaking.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, August 31, 2009

Random Musings from the Mind of a Maniac (2)



As we get closer to BBAW- September 14- 18. I have been thinking about the different blogs that are out there and thanks to some of my blogger friends on Twitter who got me thinking. I need to acknowledge them more often. I read lots of blogs but I don’t think I actively post on them as much as I should. I, like many other people see cool contests so I do enter those but when I read a post that I feel I may not have anything new to say that adds or enhances to the conversation I don’t say anything. Well, I make my pledge this week to stop that, I think that we all need a little encouragement once in a while so let's encourage each other. For this week's contest, I will be giving out 4 books and a blank journal that I have sitting on my shelves at this minute. I have been catching up on my review reading so I haven’t posted as much as I would like, but I will try to find at least 2 non contest posts a day to comment on.




What do you have to do to be a winner you ask? I want you to introduce me to some of your favorite blogs. New or old, show me what you like and tell me why you like them. You need to post your email address, what site you like and why and tell me what you’d like to see from me in the future.


Won’t you join me and do the same?


Books to be given away-


The Devil’s Queen by Jeanne Kalogridis – (never read, needs loving home)

Naamah’s Kiss by Jacqueline Carey- (I haven’t read this series and I feel bad with this beautiful hardcover sitting on my shelf looking unloved.)


Strange Angel’s by Lili St. Crow- (Loved this book, am looking forward to the next one)

Night World (#3) by L.J. Smith –( bought 2 copies of this without even realizing it , so my overbuying is your good fortune)

And a Hardcover Blank Journal ( its green sorry I don't have a pic of it)

6 comments:

~The Book Pixie said...

No comments yet? Seriously? Ok, well I must say this is a great little contest you are doing. Strange Angels is awesome though I'm sad to say I don't own it. *tear* Those others look really good.

Some of my favorite blogs you say?
My #1 favorite blog is Bloody Bookaholic's: http://bloodybookaholic.blogspot.com/

There are a few reasons this one is my fave.

#1 She has straight up hilarious posts. You can always count on her to post something entertaining.

#2 I like the music on her blog.

#3 Awesome layout. I even made the buttons. :D

#4 Not only is her blog great but she is great too. Taschima is so fun to talk to. She makes a great effort to really communicate with the other bloggers.


Another favorite blog is Tina's blog Fantastic Book Reviews: http://fantasticbookreview.blogspot.com/

Why you ask?

#1 When I started blogging, she really helped me out. I wouldn't have the blog I have today without her.

#2 She has some really awesome contests. And I mean really, who doesn't love a good contest?

#3 I love her layout.

Ok, now something I would like to see from you in the future is a chat box. Those things really rock. Get one! :P

~Briana
thebookpixie[at]yahoo[dot]com

Isobael said...

My favorite blog has to be Yasmine Galenorn's blog: http://yasmine-galenorn.blogspot.com

She not only talks about her books and her writing, she gives helpful insight to us baby writers in the process of writing, answers our questions about the industry and gives us a peek into her life, other than her writing life. She's open and honest and at times, in your face about her opinions and her advice.

Another blog is mine! I love my blog. http://isobael-liu.blogspot.com/

I keep a blog about my journey into becoming published. I want to record not only my journey but things I've learned along the way so that other beginner writers can read it and say, "Yeah! I know what you mean!" or "Hey, I have that exact problem, thanks for clearing it up!"

Not exactly an advice blog, (who the hell am I to give advice?) but something other writers can commiserate, learn from, and even share with.

=)

Alexia561 said...

Excellent contest! And I totally agree with your pledge to make comments on posts I enjoy to support all the great blogs out there, especially the newer blogs!

I have so many favorite blogs that it's hard to narrow it down, but I'd say that my all-time favorites were J.Kaye's Book Blog, Mom's Mutterings, and One Person't Journey Through a World of Books.

J.Kaye was one of the first blogs I stumbled upon and I think she's one of the best! She is so incredibly kind in helping out new bloggers, plus she posts awesome challenges, contests, and reviews! You can find her at: http://j-kaye-book-blog.blogspot.com/

Another blogger I really enjoy is Pam over at Mom's Mutterings. She doesn't review very many books, but I get a kick out of the field trips she takes her kids on, and love hearing about her daily life. Pam is a great writer with a hilarious sense of humor. I highly recommend checking her out at: http://momsmutterings.blogspot.com/

The other blog I love is Sheila, at One Person's Journey. She writes great reviews, introduces me to fun memes, and hosts a great game of Word Verification Balderdash every week! You can find her at: http://bookjourney.wordpress.com/

I'd like to see more of the same from you in the future, as I think you're doing a great job!

Alexia561@yahoo.com

BreiaB said...

I am going to let ths go til the end of this week but I want to thank you all for your comments. I have found some new blogs to follow. I am still working on some blog changes but in the mean time I wanted to introduce you to one of my favorite blogs, http://fantasydreamersramblings.blogspot.com/
Donna gives links to contests, upcoming releases and tons of other things along with her reviews. You should check her out.

BreiaB said...

Thanks so much for your blog suggestions, if everyone will send me an email to bbricke At yahoo Dot com with your top 2 choices and address I will try to send the books out by the end of the week.

BreiaB said...

Forgot to say that they will be 1st com 1st served.