In 1960s Texas, timid teenager Walter (Haley Joel Osment) is forced to spend the summer with his rich and eccentric great-uncles (Michael Caine and Robert Duvall) on their farm. Over time, he learns about their mysterious and dangerous pasts. Emmanuelle Vaugier plays an Arabian sultan's daughter with whom Duvall's character fell in love years ago. Kyra Sedgwick and Nicky Katt co-star.
WOW! Even after years of watching this movie I still love it. I can't say that about many movies(more on that later) I wanted to get my kids into some really good family movies because they said that we never get any Netflix movies for them.
1. Oustanding cast (everybody fit perfectly)
2. Wonderfully colorful stories that the uncles told.
3. My kids watched it and didn't talk during the movie ( those of you with kids realize how rare this really is)
4. Its a movie that we all would watch again and again.
William Bloom (Billy Crudup) tries to learn more about his dying father, Edward (Albert Finney), by piecing together the facts out of the various fantastic tales and legends of epic proportions he's been told over the years. Edward was a traveling salesman, and his journeys throughout the South are the seed of the tales. Directed by Tim Burton, the movie co-stars Ewan McGregor (as the young Edward), Helena Bonham-Carter and Steve Buscemi.
1. I loved the weird stories his dad told.
2. Awesome characters
4. Tim Burton ( need I say more)
Fourteen-year-old Ben Crandall (Ethan Hawke, in his film debut) and Wolfgang (River Phoenix) are misfit best friends -- and science whizzes -- who dream of space travel and manage to create an interplanetary spacecraft in their homemade laboratory. It isn't long before the two pals are zooming off to another galaxy, where they find that the more things change, the more they stay the same. Joe Dante directs.
1. I gave it 4 stars because for some reason it didn't hold my attention as much as it did when I was younger.
2. The kids liked it a lot.
3. I enjoyed showing my kids a movie where the kids are portrayed as intelligent.
4. Overall, it was an enjoyable movie to watch.