My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
literaturelyspeaking.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Review: Living Dead Girl by Elizabeth Scott


Once upon a time, I was a little girl who disappeared.

 
Once upon a time,my name was not Alice.
 

Once upon a time, I didn't know how lucky I was.
 

When Alice was ten, Ray took her away from her family, her friends--her life. She learned to give up all power, to endure all pain. She waited for the nightmare to be over.

Now Alice is fifteen and Ray still has her, but speaks more and more of her death. He does not know it is what she wants. She does not know he has something more terrifying than death in mind for her.

This is Alice's story. It is one you have never heard, and one you will never, ever forget.

 
This was a haunting tale of a young girl's abduction. Haunting because there really is no other way that I can describe a story that will stay with me until the end of my days. You'll never forget this story no matter how much you try. I simply could not put this book down. I wanted "Alice" to be free. After getting through half of this story I realized there was only one way that she would ever truly be free.

In one of the chapters Alice watches a talk show where a group of abused people are basically berated for enduring their abuse. After this story I wonder if we the unabused, really truly understand what abuse can do to someone, especially a child.

I can't say that I actually liked this book, but reading it was definitely an eye opener. Being a mother of two young girls I know that I will never read this story again, it hurts my heart far too much, but I definitely recommend that everyone read this book at least once if only to give yourself a different perspective on abuse.
 
www.elizabethwrites.com

Living Dead Girl is available for purchase from Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Books-A-Millon, Books Inc., and Borders

Reading level: Young Adult
Hardcover: 176 pages
Publisher: Simon Pulse (September 2, 2008)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1416960597
ISBN-13: 978-1416960591

No comments: