My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
literaturelyspeaking.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Review: Reflections of a Mississippi Magnolia- A Life in Poems by Patricia Neely-Dorsey


RText Coloreading this wonderful collection of poems brought back
so many delightful memories of life in the South.
Although the author based her poems in Mississippi
many residents of the South will definitely relate to this
book. These poems are spot on in their description of
Southern life.
There were several poems that I enjoyed but I will only
share two of them with you. Suffice it to say you should
Definitely read this book of poems!!
Fave Poem #1

Turning 40
When I turned 40,
I felt so brand new;
I bought a bikini,
and got a tattoo;
For some unknown reason,
I felt more alive;
I can't imagine what'll happen,
When I turn 45.

I hope when I turn 40 I am this adventurous.
Poem # 2


The (UN) Domestic Diva

I don't cook and I don't sew,
And I can hardly make a bed;
I don't even grocery shop to get my family fed.
My friends are always wondering ,
And often ask what it is I do;
Now, I can just simply say,
I write sweet poems for you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE The (UN) Domestic Diva! Thanks for sharing that poem. :)

Jenni @ Falling Off The Shelf said...

I had the chance to review this, but I'm not all that into reviewing poems. You did a good job though!

You've been tagged :

http://fallingofftheshelf.blogspot.com/2009/07/whats-on-your-desk-wednesday-july-1st.html