My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
literaturelyspeaking.com
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Review: The Scent of Shadows by Vicki Pettersson



The First Sign of the Zodiac


The Scent of Shadows


When she was sixteen, Joanna Archer was brutally assaulted and left to die in the Nevada desert. By rights, she should be dead.


Now a photographer by day, she prowls a different Las Vegas after sunset – a grim, secret Sin City where Light battles Shadow – seeking answers to whom or what she really is ... and revenge for the horrors she was forced to endure.


But the nightmare is just beginning – for the demons are hunting Joanna, and the powerful Shadows want her for their own...


Fast paced, engaging and hard to put down. Joanna Archer is an ass kicking heroine that will have you coming back for more. Its not just Joanna that has me enjoying this book so much, all of the characters good/bad are so interesting that sometimes I found myself cheering for the bad guys. Although I didn't do that for long. I was so thoroughly engrossed by the world that Vicki Pettersson penned that I had to read all of the books one right after the other ignoring the other books on my shelf.


Mass Market Paperback: 464 pages
Publisher: Eos (February 27, 2007)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0060898917
ISBN-13: 978-0060898915
Available at Amazon, Barnes and Noble
Author's website: www.vickipettersson.com

2 comments:

Mandi said...

I just got the first three in this series..can't wait to start them! I have never read this author.

BreiaB said...

I read them all in like 1.5 weeks. They were great reads. I am definitely going to pick the next one up when it comes out.